JUST —— A Decentralized Stablecoin Platform on the TRON Blockchain
- JUST is a decentralized stablecoin platform operating on the TRON Blockchain.
- By staking the JST token, users can vote on network specs and governance initiatives, including the stability fee, collateralization rates, and assets allowed to be used as collateral, etc.
- Users can mint USDJ stablecoins by locking TRX tokens in Collateralized Debt Positions (CDPs).
- When a user decides to deposit USDJ stablecoins into her CDP and withdraw her collateral, she is also required to pay an interest, or stability fee, to the network.
JUST is a popular new decentralized finance (DeFi) ecosystem built for the TRON blockchain. It is an entire suite of products that are mostly centered around a decentralized stablecoin lending platform known as JustStable.
It is a two-token ecosystem built around the USDJ and JUST (JST) tokens. USDJ is a multi-collateral stablecoin that has its value pegged to the value of the US dollar (USD), whereas JST has a variety of functions on the platform — paying interest, helping maintain the platform and participating in its governance, helping to set parameters like interest rates (stability fees) and the minimum collateralization ratio.
To obtain USDJ on JUST, traders need to deposit collateral in the form of supported collateral tokens — including TRON (TRX), which are exchanged to PTRX tokens and locked as collateral forming a collateralized debt position (CDP). Depending on the amount of collateral deposited, users can then mint and withdraw USDJ, which must later be repaid to retrieve the initial collateral.
The platform is designed to provide a fair and borderless hub of DeFi products, that any TRON user can access.
The JUST ecosystem is managed by the JUST Foundation, which includes individuals from Alibaba, Tencent, IBM and "other world-class internet companies," while JUST's financial analysis team hails from "several global investment banks" according to the project website.
Some of the most prominent individuals include Terance F (a blockchain expert and ex-Barclays and IBM employee), Elvis Zhang (a senior developer and experienced blockchain researcher), C Wu (a specialist in wallets and exchanges) and GL Kong (an experienced blockchain engineer and early crypto adopter).
The full names and profiles of much of the JUST team is not public. However, it appears that the project shares some overlap with the TRON development team, since the platform was announced by TRON CEO and founder Justin Sun, and has received technical and financial support from TRON.
JUST ecosystem consists of five distinct products, all of which are designed to interoperate and provide additional utility to users.
- JustStable: JUST’s flagship decentralized multi-collateral stablecoin platform.
- JustLend: A TRON-powered money market protocol that allows users to add liquidity to lending pools and take out low-interest cryptocurrency loans.
- JustSwap: An automated market maker (AMM) platform used for trustless TRC-20 token swaps and the creation of permissionless liquidity pools.
- JustLink: The first decentralized oracle system for the TRON network — used to securely supply smart contracts with real-world data.
- Cross-chain tokens: Assets from other blockchains, including Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH) and Litecoin (LTC), that have been tokenized on TRON and can be used within the JUST ecosystem.
Features & Advantages
- Trust & Authorization-free: Access and availability for everyone, free of authorization from third parties; all transactions are automatically executed by smart contracts, free of third party as a medium.
- Standard & Interoperability: Standardized financial protocol and contract-based DeFi factors. Protocols can be overlaid to create more potential scenarios.
- Secure: Users face minimal risks as financial business logic is implemented by smart contracts, with which on-chain actions are traceable and third-party audit can be strictly enforced.
- Decentralization: JST holders can jointly govern the JUST community and make decisions on incentives, pooling efforts for building the next-generation DeFi ecosystem.