Basic Attention Token (BAT)
BAT——Introducing blockchain based digital advertising
- BAT tokens are meant to be exchanged between publishers, advertisers, and users through a transparent system to reward the attention of online users.
- Brave is an internet browser, relying on Chromium (the open-source version of Google Chrome), which integrates with the BAT token. By default, the Brave browser blocks advertisements, prevent trackers and monitors privately the "attention of users" in order to reward publishers accordingly.
- BATs are paid to users for visiting websites while publishers get rewarded for their content based on the attention paid to their work. From the perspective of advertisers, they supposedly enjoy benefits such as "better user targeting, an improved ROI, and reduced fraud" for online campaign.
What is Basic Attention TOKEN (BAT)？
Basic Attention Token, or BAT, is the token that powers a new blockchain-based digital advertising platform designed to fairly reward users for their attention, while providing advertisers with a better return on their ad spend.
The Basic Attention Token (BAT) utilizes the Ethereum blockchain and a specialized web browser known as Brave. The BAT token is used as currency on the Brave platform and can obtain several different advertising services. It is designed to be exchanged between users, advertisers, and publishers, and it is based on an unusual concept, although one that is critically important to advertising companies operating in the digital age: user attention. The token can be used to obtain a variety of advertising and attention-based services on the BAT platform. The utility of the token is based on user attention, which simply means a person’s focused mental engagement.
Brave is a fast, open source, privacy-focused browser relying on Chromium that blocks malvertisements, trackers, and contains a ledger system that anonymously captures user attention to accurately reward publishers. Brave integrates with the BAT token, the Basic Attention Token can be used to obtain a variety of advertising and attention-based services on the BAT platform, as it is exchanged between publishers, advertisers, and users. By default, the Brave browser blocks advertisements, prevent trackers and monitors privately the "attention of users" in order to reward publishers accordingly. The Brave browser knows where users spend their time, making it the perfect tool to calculate and reward publishers with BATs. This service creates a transparent and efficient Blockchain-based digital advertising market. Publishers receive more revenue because middlemen and fraud are reduced. Users opt-in to an inclusive and rewarding private ad experience. And advertisers get better data on their spending.
Who created Basic Attention Token (BAT)?
The Unique Benefits of BAT
The use of the Basic Attention Token has three key uniqueness:
- Publishers see increased revenue, leaving behind inefficiencies.
- Advertisers are able to better target their audience and increase their ROI.
- Users can enjoy their privacy on top of earning revenue for their attention.
The beauty of the BAT is that it is fully integrated with the Brave web browser. Today, Brave Ads are enabled by default in Brave Rewards. This provides users and businesses with the ability to earn Basic Attention Tokens (BAT) every time they view an ad.
Brave Ads are presented separately from the users’ web content in order to keep personal data completely private and anonymous.
Community and Social Channel